Read: Commissions are currently on hold for now until I get over my porn translation burnout.
Yes, that is a thing.
Commissioning a commission:
Although we haven’t been here long, we believe the quality of our work speaks for itself. If you’ve got something you’d like translated, feel free to drop an e-mail (see below) and we’ll see to getting it done. Make sure to include the title or a place to find the raws as well.
Translations: USD 0.70 per page. Output is a text file with the actual JP text + English translations. Edits will be an additional USD 0.90 per page. Additional work like having to source actual raws (ergo we buy a copy and scan it) will have to be covered by the commissioner.
Note that these are manga rates. Light novels or other media are a whole different beast, and will need further discussion (contact below).
Depends on amount of text, difficulty of text, complexity of graphical edits, etc. I can’t really give a hard number, but for manga that don’t have any graphical edits at all, I could probably push out a 20-pager with relatively simple dialogue in around 3-5 days.
If there are delays due to real life circumstances for any of the staff, I’ll let you know ASAP.
How it goes:
- You email me to get something translated and how you want it done
- You give me raws (or a place where I can download them)
- Stuff gets done
- I e-mail you that it’s done, with a couple sample pages
- Payment through Paypal
- I e-mail the full work (or a link to download it)
- Back-and-forth on any issues (rewording, etc.)
- Public release, if desired
The fine print:
- Please either supply a source for the raws or supply them yourself. Neither of us on the team are in Japan, nor can we afford to buy the books out of our own pocket
- Current medium for translation is Japanese to English only
- We are by no means professional, so highly technical subject matter may be rather tricky, but we do our best – always
Contact us through E-mail for any commissions/requests, and let’s work something out.